Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tamboril Sumatra Perfecto Cigar


I'm back at it again with another edition of the Cigar Stogies blog. This Tamboril Sumatra Perfecto cigar you see in my hand has an interesting flavor that I'm still trying to describe in my mind as I write this article. Not sure if I like it or not at the moment - maybe I have to let it cool for a minute.

It's certainly pretty mild compared to the beastly full-bodied Camacho Triple Maduro that spun my head like a dreidel the other night (perhaps the wine was a contributing factor though).


Appearance - looked well constructed pre-flame, but now about half way into the cigar, the wrapper seems to be unraveling a bit. Kind of like the Phillies in the 2009 World Series - strong start from Cliff Lee in the Phils game 1 win - then like this Tamboril they starting cracking under intense heat.

Taste - mild yet somewhat spicy, it's growing on me a bit midway through the stogie.

Draw - quality draw.

Aroma - eh, not so much.

Overall, not one of the better cigars I've smoked to date. Think I'm beginning to learn about my ideal cigar. I'm more of a full-bodied head-spinner kind-a-guy, like the aforementioned Camacho.

If you smoked a Tamboril Sumatra before, I'd like to hear your opinion - leave a comment or check me out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/cigarstogies

Till next time....keep smokin!

2 comments:

  1. Great review. Look forward to smoking a Tamboril.
    Thanks
    Halfsmoked

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamboril cigar sounds great.I don't know much about it but i surely try it once.I hope it had a great taste.I usually smoked cuban cigar it is my favorite one.Thanks for the post.

    Thanks
    El Rey Del Mundo Cigars

    ReplyDelete