Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gran Habano Corojo #5

So I traded one of the Famous Private Selection Dominican Toro cigars from the 5-pack I bought off Cigar Monster yesterday with Hayward - for one of his Gran Habano Corojo #5 cigars resting in his humidor. Not because I was trying to get rid of my Famous Private Selections because I enjoyed it, but because I wanted to try something new today.

Before firing up this bad boy, my first impression of this hand-made Honduran cigar was that it had a rich dark brown color, well-constructed with a sweet 'n spicy smell that begged me to apply excessive heat to the foot of this cigar.

The stogie caught fire with relative ease, rewarding me with the aroma I was expecting to match the smell of the unlit cigar. First draw was worth the wait - thick creamy smoke followed shortly thereafter. Second draw was even better after blowing out of my nose - really brought out the taste!

As the flame crept towards the head of my Gran Habano Corojo #5, I found myself still enjoying the cigar, not getting that bitter, resonated taste.

Overall, I would recommend one of these cigars if you are wanting a mild, sweet 'n spicy Honduran cigar that won't leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

Until next time - keep smokin!

No comments:

Post a Comment